The Kapama Basilica is located in the village of Zipari. It was built on the South side of an ancient settlement, whilst the Agios Pavlos Basilica occupied the opposite end. This early Christian Basilica was built in the period between the two earthquakes of 469 and 554 AD and was discovered in 1936. It has three naves, an arch in the east and an ante nave in the west while the baptistery is situated in the centre of the southern side.
The cyclical baptistery, with a cross-shaped font and covered by a dome, is noteworthy, with recesses and doors in its walls that open to vaulted corridors. The vivid and original mosaic floors, have mainly geometrical shapes which are sometimes surrounded by birds, fish and beetles.
the Kapama Basilica lies next to the Zipari soccer stadium. It is well fenced off and can’t be accessed.