The Hatzi (or Hajji) Pasha Mausoleum is a small square Muslim mausoleum made of stone, with a low dome and two latticed windows, which houses the stone sarcophagus of Hajji Pasha, an officer of the Sultan. It is situated at the corner of Hippocrates and Mitropoleos Streets in Kos Town.
Hatzi Pasha was a dignitary of the Sultan who came to Kos in the first years of its conquest by the Turks. Around 1527, he suffered an attack by pirates who fatally wounded him. He was buried at the location where the mausoleum with his sarcophagus are found today. According to a local anecdote, next to the mausoleum there used to be a tekke, an ascetic habitation, where a dervish unceasingly repeated the phrase “Hu Allah! Hu Mohammed!” as he prayed and that’s why the tekke came to be called “Hu-Hu”
(source V. Hatzivasileiou, History of the island of Kos)