The Church of the Metamorphosis of Christ was built on the peak of Mount Dikaios at 846 meters and dominates over the whole island. As in many other locations on the island, this church was built atop an older Paleochristian church. The church is orthogonal in shape (4.82 * 3.85 meters), has an arched roof and features a small dome in the middle of the structure with an internal diameter of around 0.8 meters. This feature is actually quite rare. The church is composed of parts from four different eras ranging from the 13th century to the 20th. There are a number of cells/caves built around the periphery of the church which were inhabited probably from the Roman times. Two cells were created by the Koan monk Arsenios Skinouris in 1079. The name day is celebrated on the 6th of August and a liturgy take place on the eve.