Kos Top

The church of the birth of the Virgin Mary (Genesiou Tis Theotokou)

This Church was built from 1898 to 1908 by the inhabitants of Old Kardamaina that fled their village after an outburst of malaria and created what we now know as Kardamena. The church is 24 meters long and 7.7 meters wide, while its walls are 0.8 meters thick. The temple was extended by five meters in 1994 in order to cover the needs of the local parish.












jg. Powered by Blogger.