Kos Top

The Pyli Spring




This oblong structure built in 1592 during the Ottoman occupation is situated in the Peripatos area of the village of Pyli. Water spurts out of six nozzles most of which stick out of the mouth of sculptures of a lion's head. The water is pure and is favored by a large part of the island's population, especially since most of the tap water is not drinkable. The water is channeled towards the plain where it is used to irrigate the land.

Pyli Source Kos
Pyli Source Kos



Pyli Source KosPyli Source Kos

Pyli Source Kos

Pyli Source Kos
Pyli Source Kos


jg. Powered by Blogger.